Rwanda Miracle and President Kagame Dances, by Ejike E Okpa
Thanks for what statistics shows but how about it does not reveal?
Don’t be fooled by numbers churned out by cult chartists to create impressions.
Economic and financial gains whether on country basis or individuals are actuals not imagination.
Here are where the rubber meats the road.
(1) What is Rwanda exchange rate to the dollar?
(2) What is the per capita?
(3) What is the average salary of average Rwandan to affordable living above poverty line?
(4) What is the interest rate on capital loans versus consumer loans?
(5) How much of Rwanda national revenue is internal versus external?
(6) Does Rwanda have stock market and what is the biggest capitalized corporation in the country?
(7) Retail/Restaurant sectors are Rwandans owners or mere consumers?
(8) Do Rwandans borrow from local banks on interest only or amortizing loans?
(9) What major infrastructure is built by Rwanda construction company where and when, and how was it financed?
Often African countries are mesmerized and screwed up by fancy numbers such as growth rate, fastest growing economy, bla bla blah western manipulated institutions such as World Bank and IMF use to excite feel good naive persons.
Like rain forecast for the desert, how much reaches the ground to cause bountiful harvest. That’s reality not fancy numbers.
Paul Kagame has managed to craft a shining brand but all that glitters is not gold.
The Man is a showman with attitude.
Like we say in US Missouri state – “Show Me”.
In Texas, we say “Prove it”.
Ejike E OKPA
Global Affairs Analyst