Economic Confidential @5: Thanks for Patronages
The Economic Confidential wishes to express its sincere appreciation to all its readers within and outside Nigeria for their loyalty over the past five years. We promise to improve on our set standards as we celebrate our fifth year in the practice of factual, authoritative and accessible journalism.
When the publication started in January 2007 with just a few readers, we could hardly foresee its growth to an international status with over 20,000 daily online readers which we have today, we could not have come this far without your loyalty and support.
Our readership cuts across all sectors of Nigeria; policymakers, banking, oil and gas, civil society to mention a few, this is exemplified from the huge congratulatory messages and comments we received from our readers and stakeholder through social media, emails, direct mails, text messages and phone calls. While we could not publish all the goodwill messages, some of the encouraging comments are published below:
I have patronised Economic Confidential, both hard copy and the web-based version of the magazine, since 2007. It is no doubt, a good resource magazine on economic issues and a reference material for social accountability on monthly revenue allocations to states.
– Obadiah Tohomdet, Senior Communications Specialist World Bank, Nigeria
Economic Confidential has proved that a medium of information could be factual, investigative and entertaining without compromising its position as one of the few respected publications that promote developmental Journalism.
– Col MM Yerima, Director Defence Information and Chairman Media Information Committee on Emergency Management (MICEM)
Economic Confidential has cut a niche as the most credible and consistent economy and finance magazine in Nigeria within a short time. We in the CBN are impressed by the high standards of professionalism brought to bear in the management of the magazine. Its characteristic balanced stories are most commendable especially in the context of a media industry and ethics of journalism.
– MM Abdul, Director, Corporate Affairs Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
The Economic Confidential has done very well in its 5 years of existence. We at NNPC wish the team happy anniversary. Please keep the flag flying. Always look forward to reading you.
– Dr. Levi Ajuonuma, Group General Manager, Corporate Affairs Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC
Economic Confidential is a reference journal that is not only factual but highly authoritative. It is an influential journal that is read at very high policy making circles.
– Usman Jimada, Director, Public Affairs Federal Character Commission
Economic Confidential is a monthly authoritative magazine. It is a compulsory reading material for policy makers, captains of the banking industry and other financial experts. Reason: it is not only incisive but also analytical on banking & finance issues as well as Nigeria’s economic development.
– Hadi Birchi, Head, Corporate Communication Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC)
As a regular reader of this important news magazine I have found it very enriching, informative and deeply policy driven. It has been 5 years of huge contribution to reshaping the policy and media environment in Nigeria.
– Dr. Hussaini Abdul, Country Director, ActionAid Nigeria
The Economic Confidential has been a great companion in the last five years. It has been a good source of credible economic/financial stories for many media organisations in this country and beyond. I wish you many more years of incisive online service.
– Tukur Abdulrahman, Managing Director New Nigerian Newspapers Ltd.
I have been a beneficiary of Economic Confidential, I am ever proud of its timely, factual and objective reporting in the last five years.
– Yusuf Ali, Managing Editor, Northern Operation The Nation Newspapers
Economic Confidential is an authoritative source of information in different sectors, especially the economy. Bookmark it on your device so you check it.
– Emeka Madunagu, Online Editor, Punch Newspapers
We must commend Economic Confidential for providing sound, unbias, reliable and authentic information to the general public. I salute the effort and determination of your team for quality work.
– Auwal Rafsanjani, Executive Director of Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC)
Economic Confidential is dependable, authoritative and affordable. It is also one of the most credible platforms and voices for the promotion of integrity in business, corporate social responsibility and respect for the principle of transparency and accountability by heads of private and public financial institutions.
– Comrade Emmanuel Onwubiko, President Human Rights Writers’ Association of Nigeria (HURIWA)
It’s neither the recency nor the news exclusivity that’s unique. We take these for granted. It’s the investigative depth and extensive use of new-media platforms that defines Economic Confidential’s distinctive credential for modernity & multi-perspective content any day, all the time.
– Aliyu Ma’aji, General Manager Corporate Communication, Unity Bank Plc
In 5 years, Economic Confidential has carved-out a niche for itself while becoming a collector’s item for any knowledge seeking amateur or professional who must be competitive in their spheres of operations: virtually, all your editions these five years are reference materials.
– Victor Adoji, Head Corporate Communication Zenith Bank Plc
In the last few years the Economic Confidential journal has become an authoritative reference document for watchers of the Nigerian economy for its incisive and in-depth reporting. We are proud to associate with the publication in its five years of existence.
– A. I. Okorafor, Deputy Director Public Relations Federal Ministry of Finance
The Economic Confidential is a must read magazine that mirrors the vast spectrum of Nigeria’s economy… It is tomorrow’s magazine today.
– Hassan Dodo, Head Public Affairs, Office of the Accountant General of the Federation
I admire the courage of the Economic Confidential for its unparallel commitment to a worthy cause. The magazine has been another betting source of unbiased data for variety of uses. Its style and presentation have given people like me the encouragement that to continue.
– Saghir el Mohammed, Head, Press Division Federal Ministry of Wome
Economic Confidential has become the most authoritative voice on economic and fiscal matters in Nigeria and has thus far earned the confidence of not only its diverse readers but also the respect of competitors in the publishing business who always wait for its timely, factual and accurate disclosures on sensitive economic matters.
– Ibrahim Mohammed, Head Public Relations Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC)
EC has been true to its calling: it has treated the economy as everything. Its data driven reporting has set it apart from the crowd. A great future beckons.
– Wahab Gbadamosi, Assistant Director, Corporate Communication Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
It is one of the most authoritative Magazine devoid of sentiment and slander, I came to believe in all I read in the Magazine, unlike others.
– Sule Yau Sule, Chairman NIPR, Kano
The Economic Confidential magazine sustains channel for national discourse and promote economic development. It is a great publication.
– Paul Mumeh, Chief Press Secretary to Senate President National Assembly
Indeed, it was just yesterday you started and you have grown so big, going by your reach and the impact you are making. Anyway, this is just the beginning. The energy and determination you are putting into it will surely to take you even to higher level than ever expected.
– Ibidapo Okunnu, State House, Abuja
Economic Confidential has brought refreshment into business and financial journalism in Nigeria since the inception of its monthly print edition. Its online version is also loaded with factual and undisputable reports. It is a pride to developmental journalism.
– Cobham Nsa, Chairman Finance Correspondents Association of Nigeria (FICAN), Abuja
I have been an avid follower and user of Economic Confidential these past few years and it seems like yesterday. As a journalist and researcher, the publication has been invaluable. I wish that the editors sustain the tempo.
– Sanya Adejokun, Chairman Journalists Against Disasters (JAD)